Although migraines are not the most common type of headache, they can be the most crippling. Aggravated by physical activity, and coupled with sensitivity to light and nausea or vomiting, migraines can severely impact a person’s ability to live a normal life.
Did you know that forty-five million Americans suffer from a headache every day of their lives? The annual cost of migraine treatment has recently topped one billion dollars in healthcare costs and 13 billion dollars in lost workdays. About 6% of males and 18% of females get headaches, but no matter your gender, if you experience the symptoms of a migraine, including constant throbbing and severe head pain, it is important to seek help from an orofacial pain specialist right away.
Migraines are thought to be accumulation of multiple sources of Inflammation:
- Smooth muscle inflammation caused by muscle tension
- Cervical muscle inflammation caused by poor posture and muscle bracing
- Jaw muscle inflammation caused by chewing, yawning, kissing, talking
- Clenching, teeth grinding or teeth bracing
- Environmental Allergies and Sensitivities
- Viruses or bacteria
- Sensitivity food chemicals, make-up, food additives, fragrances, or cleaning products
- Nose, ears, eyes, & mouth lymph nodes
Most migraine HA patients have jaw pain & tension headache; so, we reduce frequency, severity, and duration of most migraine HA.
Chewing system orthopedics helps with migraines
1) Reduces inflammation from muscles, joints, and ligaments 2) Reduces clench/grind producing massive amounts inflammation 3) Reduces neck inflammation by physical therapy & orthotic 4) We offer blood test for chemical sensitivities 5) Improved sleep quality reduces migraines
Contact Raleigh Facial Pain Center for Migraine Treatment in Raleigh, NC
Luckily, there are many types of therapies and natural treatments that can help reduce the amount of migraines you are having, including physical therapy, tai chi, yoga, anxiety management, stress management, cardiovascular exercise and cervical adjustments.
The majority of migraines reduce in severity, duration and frequency without the use of triptans, the preferred prescription migraine treatment, especially if caused by simple neck inflammation, jaw inflammation, poor sleep or excessive external stimulants.
If you are seeking more information about available migraine treatments in Raleigh, or you are interested in scheduling a consultation with an orofacial pain specialist, please don’t hesitate to contact Raleigh Facial Pain Center today at (919) 781-6600.
Leave a Reply