As a parent, it is difficult to see your child w/ frequent moderate to severe headache and have nothing to offer them. Medical science has not given provided primary care physicians or neurologist safe treatments for children headaches. As a parent, we need to control their pain and suffering.
Why is my child having headaches?
- Majority of headaches in children are “Tension Headaches”.
- Tension headache refer to side of head region children
- Side head muscle is chewing muscle
- Clench-grind & stress set up inflammation & pain
- Chewing system specialist is Orofacial Pain
- Side of head is a chewing muscle
- Some tension headaches are mixture w/ migraine
- In mix HA cases, OFPS manages tension HA first
- Then referral Neurologist treat migraines
- Migraines are more receptive to migraine treatments
A Pediatric Tension HA is caused by moderate
- tension Temporalis, and
- Traumas jaw/face/neck
Why refer headache to orofacial pain
- HA escalates to severe or daily
- Migraine meds in children limited
- Suspects grind/clench
- concern gut issues from Excess Ibuprofen
- Tension, stress, or anxiety increases HA
- Poor sleep, cardio, nutrition, and negative thinking
- Several traumas head & neck
Moms are in conflict---Suffering w/ pediatric headache and taking strong migraine medicines.
Chewing system orthopedic team provides relief w/o use strong medicines:
- Reduction in frequency, severity, and duration allows avoiding meds
- Most of the tools are Integrative tools
- Integrative tools target inflammation
- Neck inflammation are targeted by team
- Secret success is in patient passion change health habits
- Team is orofacial pain specialist, physical therapy, biofeedback, patient