Experienced Facial Pain Doctors at Raleigh Facial Pain Center
The staff at the Raleigh Facial Pain Center feels strongly that the way to heal chronic facial pain is to implement multidisciplinary care. Therefore, we oversee a talented team of professionals to cover a variety of needs. The orthopedic team is made up of a chewing system orthopedist, physical therapist, biofeedback specialist and the patient. The neuropathic team is made up of the patient, a trigeminal neurology specialist and a biofeedback specialist. Members that can be added to the wellness team if needed include an exercise physiologist, ENT, neurologist, rheumatologist and other specialists.
Our Raleigh, NC Facial Pain Staff
Keith A. Yount, DDS, ABOP
Orofacial Pain Diagnostics/Team Leader
Dr. Keith A. Yount graduated from the UNC Chapel Hill Dental School in 1979, completed a Residency in Craniofacial Pain at the University of Florida in 1996, and is Board Certified in Orofacial Pain. He has been providing Orofacial Pain care in Raleigh since 1997.
When his wife began to experience chronic daily headaches, Dr. Yount became committed to finding solutions that would help people suffering from chronic pain of the head and neck area. This pursuit led him to the Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Center at the University of Florida in Gainesville, where he began a 2.5 year fellowship in craniofacial pain. His time there included rotations through ENT, Anesthesiology, Endodontics, Psychology, Pharmacology and Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery and Physical Therapy. He successfully completed the educational and clinical requirements to earn the title “Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain.”
Dr. Yount’s Professional Education, Training & Expertise:
- Diplomate, American Board of Orofacial Pain (1996)
- Craniofacial Pain Fellowship (1994-1996); Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Center, University of Florida – Gainesville, FL
- Mastership Academy of General Dentistry (2005)
- Fellowship Academy of General Dentistry (1985)
- Fellow, International College of Dentists (2007)
- Fellow, Academy of Dentistry International (2003)
- AGD Fellowship (1993)
- Dawson Advanced Studies Occlusion Graduate (1989-1993)
- L. D. Pankey Institute Graduate (1983-1985)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (1975-1979) – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Science (1970-1975) – North Carolina State University
- Graduate Instructor – Dale Carnegie (1989-1990)
- Haiti Mission – Pignon (1997-2001) – Instructor to over 150 nurses, dental students and missionaries over the years
- Lectures – throughout North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, AGD Nashville, AAOP Phoenix and California, NCAGD Raleigh
- Published in numerous national publications including Dentistry Today, AAOP News, Health and Healing and Practical Pain Management
Phyllis manages and coordinates the staff and accounting at Raleigh Facial Pain Center. Her role in management is backed by more than 30 years of medical experience.
Phyllis Yount’s Professional Education, Training & Expertise:
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Cum Laude Graduate, Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society, Charter Member Alpha Kappa Psi, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC (1980-1983)
- Certificate, Radiologic Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1974-1976)
- Mallinckrodt Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance in Radiologic Technology – UNC Chapel Hill (1974-1976)
The staff at the Raleigh Facial Pain Center provide facial and jaw pain treatment services to patients in Raleigh, NC and beyond, including Wake Forest, Greenville, Pinehurst, New Bern, Greensboro and even South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.